We want you to look and feel your best. State-of-the-art care can be delivered with comfort and convenience. Walnut Ranch Dental Spa provides modern dentistry with improved patient comfort! Our primary goal is to make you as comfortable as possible during your visit. From the moment you step into our office, you can expect an experience different than most dental offices. Before your appointment, feel free to relax in our relaxation room equipped with massage chair, oxygen bar, aroma therapy, audio therapy, etc.
What to expect on your first visit
The dentist or hygienist will:
- Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, root decay, and gum or bone disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
- Check your bite and jaw for problems
- Remove any stains or deposits on your teeth
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
- Assess your need for fluoride
- Take dental X-rays or, if necessary, do other diagnostic procedures
During a dental exam, your dentist or hygienist will ask about any health problems you have or medications you’re taking and discuss how they might affect your oral health. If you have diabetes, for example, you’re at increased risk of gum disease. Any medication that contributes to dry mouth can increase your risk of tooth decay. If arthritis interferes with your ability to effectively brush your teeth, your dentist or hygienist might show you how to insert the handle of your toothbrush into a rubber ball for easier use — or recommend a powered or electric toothbrush.
If you have prosthetic replacements — such as dentures or bridges — your dentist or hygienist will examine how well they fit and discuss the need for adjustments.