Is Bonding Right for You?
Dental bonding is a procedure in which a resin material is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore or improve your smile. Dental bonding is among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures. Bonding takes about 30 to 60 minutes per tooth to complete and can usually be done in one office visit unless several teeth are involved. And unless dental bonding is being performed to fill a cavity, anesthesia is usually not required.
When is dental bonding considered?
- To repair decayed teeth
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede