Helping Your Teeth Stay Strong
Crowns are an ideal way to rebuild teeth which have been broken, or which have been weakened by decay or a very large filling. The crown fits over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and the contour of a natural tooth.
Porcelain crowns are considered the most beautiful crown that a tooth can get. They are translucent in color and generally, their color is influenced by the tooth under them.
Types of all ceramic/full porcelain crowns
- Feldspathic porcelain is considered the most beautiful but may not be for everyone
- Empress crown has two layers; a base coping made of medium-strength pressed ceramic, and a highly customizable superficial glass layer
- Procera® crown are ceramic crowns that are totally metal free
- Lava crowns have a translucent Zirconia on the inside which is shaded and finally looks beautiful on the outside due to its baked layer
- Zirconia crowns are Zirconium onlays, caps or crowns that are similar in design to Procera with a two-layer system. This porcelain option is used commonly for anterior bridges and implant abutments
- Emax crowns are ideal for fabricating single-tooth restorations or complete smile makeovers. EMax is both biocompatible and has long term-wear characteristics like that of enamel