Sedation Dentistry in Ardmore, OK
Wake Up to a New Smile
Sedation dentistry is a method of using FDA-approved medication to induce a calm, relaxed state. We can use sedation dentistry during any type of treatment, including a routine general checkup or a smile-enhancing cosmetic procedure.
Sedation dentistry allows Walnut Ranch to provide a variety of dental procedures safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist, have a hard time sitting still, want the time to pass by quickly, don’t want to feel any discomfort and/or would rather drift off while receiving treatment.
Walnut Ranch Dental Spa offers these types of sedation:
- Inhalation Sedation
- is a low-level sedation of nitrous oxide/oxygen mixture producing a relaxing effect. This is the only form of sedation dentistry where you may be able to drive yourself home after the procedure. Learn more
- IV Sedation
- is administered through your vein. It is the highest level of sedation offered. IV sedation is quick and allows us to adjust the level of sedation throughout the treatment. Learn more
- Oral Conscious Sedation
- is a step up from inhalation sedation. Walnut Ranch will write you a prescription for a minimal to moderate sedative based on your level of anxiety. Usually you’ll take the pill 30 minutes to an hour before the treatment. You will not be able to drive home. Learn more
There are several benefits to sedation dentistry, including:
- You’ll have little to no memory of undergoing the procedure
- The treatment will feel like it only lasted a few minutes
- The sounds and smells of the procedure will disappear
- Your fear and anxiety will drift away
If you need to undergo a root canal, an extraction, or receive oral surgery, then we are pleased to offer sedation dentistry. When the treatment is complete, you’ll have no recollection of the time it took, the pain, the noise, or the discomfort you were expecting.
So, relax… close your eyes and allow us to take care of the rest. With sedation dentistry, you will retreat into dreamland and wake up to a healthier, brighter, and more beautiful smile.
Call to make your appointment today!
Learn about the benefits of oral conscious sedation and consider it for your next procedure.
We use a nitrous oxide/oxygen mixture that produces a relaxing effect. This is the only form of sedation dentistry where you may be able to drive yourself home after the procedure.
Ideal for patients experiencing moderate to severe dental anxiety, especially to the point where they may have avoided years of necessary dental treatment due to fear or anxiety.