General Care & Prevention in Ardmore, OK
It starts with a foundation of good oral health which is achieved with good home care and regular visits to your dental hygienist for professional advice, examinations, and cleanings. Your dentist will recommend any treatment needed and discuss treatment options. We achieve results using conservative, state-of-the art procedures that will result in beautiful and long-lasting smiles.
For a healthy mouth and smile
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of your brush should fit your mouth allowing you to reach all areas easily.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
- Make sure to use an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
Brushing your teeth is only a part of a complete dental care routine. You should also make sure to visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.